Monday 13 October 2008

TFT MONITOR - ACER AL1714MS



A cheap monitor that will do..


A dead pixel was my first complaint..not enough to motivate me to take the £ 150 item back to Comet, Mansfield, England, but slightly annoying in a brand new product. 4 years later the monitor's still going though so I'd long forgotten about it. Just reminded myself...ho-hum.


The picture is average..I've calibrated the image several times but still find I get a slight "cross-eyed" feeling which I've not had with other monitors. I've used PCs a lot through work and only felt this with the Acer.


The sound from the speakers in-built into the monitor is acceptable. Obviously the bass is not large but it's not appalling. The treble is clear and audio is audible.


Controls are easy to use, the on-screen time is adjustable and the the buttons are responsive.


Build quality is good and adjustability of viewing angle is fine. 4 years on no paint has rubbed off the surround.


A fair monitor which reflects its price.

Reviewed by Mark Woods, 2008. LordBeanpod@GMail.com


monitor,flat screen,flatscreen,display,video,computing,gaming,speakers,pixels,screensaver


No comments: