Monday 13 October 2008

Iron Maiden CD - Edward the Great review.


The cash cow that is Iron Maiden must almost be dry. I frown upon "Best Of" albums anyway..if you are a fan of the band then buy their albums..don't be told which are the tracks you'll like..find out for yourself!


These ARE great songs and not too far off the mark but unless you order Carling at the bar because you can't be bothered to think about what else is available then do yourself a favour and have a look round the albums yourself. You might actually LIKE Carling in which case you have my condolences.


I mean....where's "Killers"?! I know it varies from person to person but this is what I mean about making your own choices. This is my personal fave (with Dianno, not Brucey-boy) and it's missing. The track listing is;
1.The Ides Of March
2.Wrathchild
3.Murders In The Rue Morgue
4.Another Life
5.Genghis Khan
6.Innocent Exile
7.Killers
8.Prodigal Son
9.Purgatory
10.Twilight Zone
11.Drifters


Oh, acually, it IS there! Soz about that! But still..the point is valid. If EMI had decided to omit it I might not even know about the track.


A good compilation but make up your own mind!

Reviewed by Mark Woods, 2008. LordBeanpod@GMail.com


cd,music,band,rock,heavy metal,eddie,dickinson,bruce,di'anno,paul,singer,guitar,drum,mcbrain,the irons,irons,tom baker,iron maiden advert,iron maiden video





No comments: