Monday 13 October 2008

PS2 game:Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell.



My first PS2 game.


Having finally upgraded to a PS2 (it IS 2008!) this is my first foray back into the gaming world. I remember enjoying Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 (PSX) ages ago and this looked similar. I also enjoyed Tench:Stealth Assassin (ninja sneakiness) and I would say this is along those lines if you are familiar with that game.


The point is to use your brain a bit and not just "have at em" and blast away. This will only result in more of the guy's mates appearing. They'll probably be better armed too.


Your own arsenal is wide ranging. Rappelling equipment for scaling buildings from the roof, knock out bullets for your pistol, full radio communications throughout the game..very James Bond (Quantum of Solace looks like it will be great, by the way!).


I am finding the game a little too hard to be perfectly enjoyable. I'm a fairly advanced player but I think if the challenge is too hard it detracts from my enjoyment. I won't use cheats you see.


The environment and back story are interesting - a Russian megalomaniac in Georgia kicks it all off. I'm currently in FBI headquarters, Virginia, so you'll see the world!


Atmospherically and graphically great I'd recommend this to experienced players. Not one for a quick blast...a cross between chess and being a Ninja...

Reviewed by Mark Woods, 2008. LordBeanpod@GMail.com


military,video game,game,gaming,tom clancy,stealth,sneak,shoot,gun,hand to hand combat,duct,infiltrate,kill,mission,soldier,soldiering,rifle,gun,piece,weapon,pistol,knife,grenade,ps2 trailer,splinter cell trailer,sam,splinter cell video





No comments: