Wednesday 6 May 2009

LION CREST ENGLISH ALE - REVIEW BY MARK WOODS.


Cheap beer is rubbish, right? Wrong. I recently bought a four pack of this stuff from Tesco in March 2009 at a retail price of GBP 1.99. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It is brewed by Yates and Jackson brewery and is 4 percent strength.

The beer is a traditional English ale and is very hoppy. The way I like it. The hops used in beer give it the bitterness and I like my beer very hopped. For such a reasonably priced product I was surprised by how much flavour there was available to me. Incidentally the hops also preserve the beer.

Pouring revealed a nice head which stayed down the glass. Colour is good and rich - a light nut brown. Aroma is great, the hops strong and floral.

If you're bothered about packaging the can has a nice design of armoured knight with shield and lance. It will put hairs on your chest and make a man of you.

At 50 pence a can you will not find better value. A quality drink and a new favourite. Cheers!

8/10.

Review: Mark Woods, 2009 (LordBeanpod@GMail.com)

beer,ale,real ale,head,creamy,yeast,barley,malted barley,brewing,star brewery,blackburn,bitter,drink,booze,barbeque,tins,cans,party

No comments: